Monday, September 15, 2008

IKE



I am SO glad my parents don't live in Friendswood any more...not because I don't love the town I grew up in, but because they had to deal with hurricanes! They still keep in touch with the friends that bought their house. Here are some crazy pictures from the storm. Fortunately the house wasn't damaged...but they did lose 7-8 trees.


The first picture is from the front yard and the second from the back. You can't even see the grass in the second picture for all the tree limbs that are down.

Emily and Thomas, who live in Seabrook, dodged a bullet for sure! While most of the town was under water, they somehow avoided getting flooded. They just had a window or two that broke during the storm, but didn't allow much, if any, water in the house. Let's hope Thomas' folks were as lucky...they also live in Seabrook but their house is only 7 ft above sea level. For those of you who don't know where Seabrook is, it is a neighboring community to Kima...they showed lots of pictures of Kima on the news and most of that area was completely flooded.

4 comments:

shack said...

I am so glad to see that you ALL are okay. I was wondering if I now I would have to wait another 5 months to catch up with you.Smile:) I miss you and so glad to see you all are okay. IKE was not pretty. Love you, Wendy

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Wow, glad to hear sis and her hub's are not having to deal with much Ike damage.

maryann said...

So thankful everyone is OK!! How scary that must be........we were glued to the TV that day. Thank you for the update.

Elizabeth said...

I have been thinking about you and praying everyone was OK in your fam. Thanks for letting us know!